Pack-It Pita Pizzas

by - 4:11:00 PM

Today we are talking about how to get out of your lunch rut. Every morning while the kids are getting ready I start to make lunches. I find that I get in a habit of making the same old thing each day for them. I have recently been trying to switch things up a little so they actually eat their lunches instead of throwing some of it away. I have heard this so many times “Mom, my lunch is so boring, can you buy lunchables like my friends?” The cost to purchase those lunches are outrageous, not to mention full of processed foods!  That amount will sure add up for buying lunch for my 3 kids 5 days a week. I decided to roundup some quick lunch ideas that not only will save our family money, but make sure they give my children the energy they need to make it the rest of the day.

One of my children’s favorite new recipes are the Pack-it Pizza’s. All you need are large whole wheat pita’s, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, ranch, zucchini and grapes. So much better than a pizza lunchable, but the same idea!

Cut the pita’s into triangles, shred the cheese, and slice up some zucchini.  Pack these items separately along with some marinara sauce and some ranch for dipping. Serve with a side of grapes. My children also like when I add a few pieces of pepperoni to their lunch box.

Lunchable Alternative! Packable lunch pita will save you money and give your kids the nutrition they need during the day! http://ift.tt/1h7l9O2

There are so many awesome ideas out there for packing lunches in containers and making your own lunchables. Some of my children’s favorite are crackers, ham, cheese and a fruit and vegetable side. Veggies, crackers, cheeses, with hummus and almonds. Tuna, crackers, pickles, and an applesauce. Another one is turkey and cheese tortilla roll ups with a fruit cup and veggies. There are so many more ideas you can find online. I love these homemade lunchables packed in lunch containers because they are incredibly easy to put together, cost less then a school lunch or one bought from the store and they can be made the night before. This makes it easy put into their backpacks as they walk out the door. I love adding a little love note to their lunch boxes as well.

Lunchable Alternative! Packable lunch pita will save you money and give your kids the nutrition they need during the day! http://ift.tt/1h7l9O2

I seem to get more positive feedback from these simple Do It Yourself lunchables.  My kids often tell me how full they were when they get home.

If you home school I know that there may not be a lot of time to make lunch with a busy schedule. You  may be running around taking your kids to meeting groups and need a good lunch to take on the run. This will help you resist the temptation from buying something from a fast food restaurant.

Lunchable Alternative! Packable lunch pita will save you money and give your kids the nutrition they need during the day! http://ift.tt/1h7l9O2

Don’t forget to use these idea’s for our upcoming summer season. With kids getting out of school, going to camps, swimming lessons and play dates at the park, these will be great to make ahead of time and keep summer meals new and exciting, yet still in your budget.

I hope this will inspire you to get out of your lunch rut and start making these simple, but yummy Pack-it pita pizza’s and other lunch box meals. This recipe is definitely anything but boring and your children will think that as well.

Lunchable Alternative! Packable lunch pita will save you money and give your kids the nutrition they need during the day! http://ift.tt/1h7l9O2

 

The post Pack-It Pita Pizzas appeared first on Super Healthy Kids.



Keywords: Super Healthy Kids, Health/Wellness

You May Also Like

0 Comments